David Powell set up Powell & Co in 2009. He has been involved with some of the largest corporate and government internal audit assignments in Australia, providing advice to management and boards of major Australian enterprises in both the private and public sector.
Powell & Co offers the following services:
- Boards and Audit Committees
- IT Audit, Security and Risk
- Project Quality Assurance and Project Management
- Risk Management
- Probity Audit and Advice
- Corporate Governance
- Internal Audit.
Some key achievements in business, IT and risk-related projects include:
- Acting Manager Internal Audit and Risk, Santos Ltd
- Chair of Audit and Governance Committee, Australia China Business Council, National Board
- Chair of Audit and Risk Committee and Financial Adviser to Board of Horizon Power, WA
- Chair of Audit Committee, City of Adelaide
- Chair of Audit Committee, City of Onkaparinga
- Chair of Audit Committee, Roxby Downs Council
- Chair of Audit Committee, Burnside Council
- Chair of Audit and Risk Committee, Department of Planning Transport and Infrastructure
- Advisor to the Audit Committee and Risk Adviser to Dampier Port Authority, WA.
Powell & Co regularly works with organisations in the following sectors:
- Oil, Gas & Mining
- Retail & Consumer Goods
- Energy & Utilities
- Financial Services
- Racing and Gaming
- State and Local Government.
Powell & Co has also worked with some of South Australia’s leading education establishments and offers risk management services through Risk for Schools.